Open position: Communications Director at SLA
The opportunity to become part of a professional working community with a nature-based design and biodiversity agenda is open.
At SLA, we are experiencing increasing global demand for our services and working methods and have a vacant position as Communications Director – with a base in our studio in Copenhagen.
About the position
SLA’s vision is to change the world with nature-based design and enhance the quality of life in communities and the urban realm. And the mission is that our work benefits humans, animals, plants, and all the world’s living organisms.
Our interdisciplinary services include city planning, landscape design, climate adaptation, research and development projects, exhibitions, publications, and strategic biodiversity consultancy for companies, cities, and countries.
Are you passionate about supporting this work, and would you like to help elevate SLA’s brand through strategic communication initiatives across our markets? This might be a job for you.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
– Prepare a communications strategy and a prioritized implementation plan.
– Strategize, develop, and execute PR initiatives in line with SLA’s overall market strategies.
– Plan and execute communications campaigns and all kinds of PR visibility in print, online, and social media.
– Plan, support, and execute internal communications efforts together with SLA’s HR Department.
– Support the partners and leadership group in all media matters – from media counseling and sparring to written support with Op-Ed pieces and social media posts.
– Collaborate with clients, collaborators, and photographers to create PR materials for press releases, press kits, books, etc.
– Write press releases for projects and major news stories based on SLA’s vision, mission, and values.
– Act as point of contact with Nordic and global media relations & responsible for the daily handling of incoming media requests.
– Nurture and create relationships with the most relevant and significant design and architectural media and journalists in the industry.
The position includes management responsibility for 1-2 employees; you refer to the CEO. Salary and terms are agreed upon according to qualifications.
We expect you to be interested in the climate and biodiversity agenda – and nature-based design. You have a trained sense of good storytelling and strong angles tailored for specific audiences and media recipients.
You have strategic capabilities, practice servant leadership, and the ability to build relationships with coworkers as well as external stakeholders, journalists, etc.
You have several years of experience with PR and storytelling from an agency, a brand-driven company, or a design/architecture studio. You have a degree in communication, journalism, or marketing.
A high English and Danish language proficiency is essential as we are a global brand. SLA has active market strategies in four markets besides the Danish market.
You will work closely with skilled, passionate, and interdisciplinary colleagues. The culture at SLA is characterized by solid unity and eternal curiosity combined with a high level of ambition and a great degree of freedom. We work purposefully to create high-quality consultancy and strengthen the professional community. The individual employee’s and SLA’s ongoing development is an essential and integrated part of everyday life.
SLA is the Nordic region’s largest nature-based design studio and delivers interdisciplinary consultancy. We use nature, design, and technology to create adaptable, biodiverse cities and landscapes that inspire community and diversity. SLA has, over the past 30 years, realized a large number of innovative projects internationally as well as nationally. Today we are 130 landscape architects, anthropologists, biologists, and urban planners spread over Copenhagen, Oslo, and Aarhus offices. Read more on www.sla.dk.
How to apply
The position will be filled as soon as possible, but we are happy to wait for the right profile. All applications are processed continuously and confidentially. Interviews are held continuously, so send your application immediately.
The deadline for applications is April 11, 2023.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your motivation and CV.
Please send the material to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Communication Director” in the subject line.
If you have any questions about the position, please do not hesitate to contact CEO Mette Skjold at email@example.com.